Year of the Spark continues in Oaxaca with Carla Sonheim and Lynn Whipple
This trip is full.Carla Sonheim and Lynn Whipple are thoroughly enjoying themselves this year in the Year of the Spark, a year-long online course. Their purpose was to infuse MORE of it into their participant's lives….more art, more creativity, more time, more inspiration, more motivation, and more FUN!
Can I tell you how excited I am that they are going to continue the Year of the Spark in Oaxaca for a week long workshop February 28-March 6? I am freaking jumping up and down, people.
I met Carla shortly after she moved to Seattle and she was my very first local art instructor. How lucky was I that I came across this special soul and then she teamed up with some remarkable teachers in her online network, including one of my all time favorite mixed media artists, Lynn Whipple. So, here they are and we are going to Oaxaca together for a lot of fun, good eating, and lots of laughter.
Carla wrote some fun facts about Lynn on her website. Pretty heady facts!
While in Oaxaca you will "make stuff"
- Draw with Carla
- Paint a Mexican Muse to music with Lynn
- Make a mini book with Carla
- Collect and collage with "local flavor" with Lynn
- Draw and paint imaginary animals with Carla
- Create a mixed media and water color painting with both Carla and Lynn
- And whatever else these two come up with between now and when the trip starts - we are guaranteed to be dazzled by their creativity
The trip starts and ends in Oaxaca and costs $3100 based on double occupancy and includes:
- All the creativity noted above with Carla and Lynn
- seven nights accommodation at Casa de las Bugambilias
- all meals except one dinner
- an opening reception
- cooking class at Susana Trilling's Season of my Heart Cooking School
- visit to black pottery studio with master potter
- visit to a master woodworker of albrejis (the colorful wooden animals)
- Farewell Dinner at coveted restaurant in Oaxaca with special menu planned for us
- Market tour
- Visit to museum and paper store
- Art supplies
- Time to explore Oaxaca and its many artful offerings
- Opportunity to sign up for massages and/or a temazcal
- A new art tribe
Excludes airfare to/from Oaxaca and taxi to/from airport (approximatley 250 pesos)
Las Bugambilias, a family owned and run B&B led by the beautiful matriarch, Emilia Arroyo Cabrera is our home base. Seeing what Emilia wears each morning is a visual treat for a bunch of artists as are the place settings at our breakfast. The motto of Las Bugambilias is that "we do not receive hosts, we receive friends." Emilia and her family and their staff truly do make you feel as though their home is yours.
The trip will be limited to 12 participants and there are just a couple of single rooms so register early if you want one. A nonrefundable deposit of $1000 is due now with the remaining payment due by November 17. Installments can be made for the remaining balance.
Join Carla and Lynn for a little Spark in your artful practice!